The Foundation Child & Pain aims:
to establish adequate prevention and treatment of pain in children.
The Foundation Child & Pain try to achieve this aim by using the following means:
- to accumulate knowledge and skills in the assessment and treatment of pain in children.
- to encourage scientific research into pain in childhood
- to enhance interdisciplinary collaboration and communication about pain in children
- to provide information and education by publications and national meetings
- to support the development and existence of Paediatric Pain Groups in hospitals and other institutions
The Foundation was founded in 1995 by healthcare professionals as a non-profit organization. Now there are about 70 hospitals in The Netherlands with Paediatric Pain Groups.
The Foundation works closely together with other (pain) organizations in the interest of children and their parents.
For more information please contact:
Dr.R.A.van Lingen, peditrician-neonatologist
Isala Klinieken, locatie Sophia
8000 GK Zwolle